Don’t Miss Literacy League’s Reading between the Wines Fundraiser April 16
(April 2014, Orlando, Fla.) The seventh annual Reading between the Wines, the premiere fundraiser for the Adult Literacy League, promises to be one of Orlando’s top events of the year, featuring Florida’s own Edgar Award-winning author Stuart Woods. The headline sponsor for the event is Bank of America.
The author-centric affair is Wednesday, April 16, 2014, and hosted for the second consecutive year by the Orlando Science Center. For tickets, visit www.adultliteracyleague.org/rbtwtickets. Be sure to get yours now before the sell out!
Along with the evening’s wine tasting, food tasting and silent auction, Woods will be talking with fans and signing his latest novel, Doing Hard Time, the latest in his immensely popular series featuring Stone Barrington, a former cop-turned-millionaire lawyer. After publishing 15 novels before appearing on the New York Times bestseller list, he has since had 38 straight bestsellers on the Times hardcover list. He currently resides in Key West.
Silent auction items of note include:
- Orlando Sentinel: Lunch with Mike Bianchi
- Orlando Sentinel: Dinner with Scott Maxwell
- French Lick: a stay and golf package
- St. Francis Winery & Vineyards: VIP seated wine and food pairing for four (4)
- Anita Schmadtke Designs: Handmade necklace and earrings
- Orlando Florist and Ten Thousand Villages: 12 months of bouquets from Orlando Florist and a Blue Ceramic Planter made in Vietnam from Ten Thousand Villages
- Orlando Magic: Signed Team Ball and courtside tickets to an Orlando Magic 2014-15 season game
- SeaWorld: Discovery Cove gift basket and tickets for the Dolphin Swim package
- Hard Rock International: Ladies’ size XL signed Bon Jovi t-shirt and Men’s size L signed Bon Jovi t-shirt and 2 $25 gift cards to Hard Rock
- Beth Nolen Interiors: Ladies’ size L dress with matching necklace and wine tote, and matching ring and bangle, gift card to Paper Gallery, and gift card to Tuni
- Orlando City Soccer: 1 hour of coaching from an Orlando City Soccer Player for 6 people and a basket of Orlando City Soccer goodies
- Laura Sorenson: Kate Spade bag with quote from Dorothy Parker
- Capital Grille: Gift basket including gift card to Capital Grille, wine, and wine accessories
- Sandy Nawrot: Collection of Southern Women’s Fiction
Food sponsors include Burger Craft, Cabot, Cask & Larder, The (brand new!) Coop, The Ravenous Pig, and Disney’s Captain’s Grille. Wine will be provided by Darden.
Proceeds from Reading between the Wines will benefit the students and families served by the Adult Literacy League, the premier provider of adult literacy services in Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties. The organization provides adult basic education and English language literacy through one-to-one tutoring and classes. The League currently serves 1,000-plus adult learners on a weekly basis. In addition, the organization serves the early literacy needs of more than 600 low-income, pre-school children through its Family Literacy Program called Read to Me!
For more information on Reading between the Wines, visit www.adultliteracyleague.org or call 407.422.1540.