Media contact: Leah Nash
OWC Launches Garden Schedule; Healthy Living Expo Set for February 15
(January 17, 2014 – Orlando, FL) – Our Whole Community (OWC), which provides educational programs throughout the year, will kick off its gardening workshops in 2014 with “Composting,” Saturday, January 25 at the OWC Garden in Winter Park.
This year’s calendar also includes the return of OWC’s Healthy Living Expo, held in partnership with the City of Winter Park. The event will be held February 15, 2014, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., at the Winter Park Community Center.
“Our Whole Community continues to grow its slate of healthy living programs each year,” says OWC Board Chair Lavon Williams. He says the gardening programs are free for OWC gardeners; $10 per family of non-OWC gardeners. There is no charge to attend the Healthy Living Expo.
- Composting, January 25, 9 – 11 a.m., Our Whole Community Garden, 550 W. Morse Blvd., Winter Park. Garden entrance is on Welbourne Ave.
- Healthy Living Expo, February 15, 2014, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Winter Park Community Center, 721 W. New England Ave., Winter Park.
- Spring Planting, March 12, 6 – 8 p.m., Our Whole Community Garden at Winter Park Presbyterian Church, 400 S. Lakemont Ave., Winter Park. Garden entrance is on Dundee Drive.
- Maintaining Your Garden, April 12, 9 – 11 a.m., Our Whole Community Garden, 550 W. Morse Blvd., Winter Park. Garden entrance is on Welbourne Ave.
- Spring Fiesta, May 4, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., St. Mary Magdalen Learning Garden, 869 Maitland Ave., Altamonte Springs. Garden is by the Annex.
For more information, email Leah Nash at , or call 407.758.5324.
Our Whole Community is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian organization that brings communities together to establish relationships and share resources resulting in innovative programs that inspire, motivate and educate individuals in their pursuit of optimal health. For more information on Our Whole Community, please visit ourwholecommunity.org.